Artificial Intelligence

Random neural firings, yet somehow still contrived

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

The Beaver Examiner is guided strongly by the belief that you should be strongly guided by our beliefs. Our mission is to A) be proudly independent from the facts, B) provide short stories for short attention spans, and C)keep fake news real.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

So I'm 30

Unfortunately, I have no deep thoughts for you. Age has always meant zilch to me, except that I like the ego boost from presents.

The only age I can remember being excited about was age 10, which was thrilling to me because I had been playing Trivial Pursuit and learned that 10 years old was the age when a human is least likely to die.

This year - as a mature, grown-up man beginning his fourth decade - I received Stars Wars original-trilogy scripts, a Calvin and Hobbes collection, and five Simpsons figurines.

The only thing I that I can note as I age is that my favourite films have gone from being about kids' stuff to being about nerd stuff to being about nihilism to (now) being about men struggling to be moral. The Insider, L.A. Confidential, Groundhog Day, it's the common thread. And I just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird, which fits that bill and is now my favourite work of fiction. If you haven't read it, please do.

Cheers,
John

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Happy birthday John!!

Which Calvin & Hobbes collection did you get? I *love* Calvin & Hobbes.

7:03 p.m.  
Blogger Chris W said...

Have a happy birthday, way over there!

9:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, John!

Jaybird

2:48 p.m.  
Blogger The Beaver Examiner said...

Thanks all!

9:01 a.m.  
Blogger Dre said...

Happy belated birthday John!

3:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home